Friday, November 22, 2013

Shutter & Aperture - Smooth

Reflection
My adjective was smooth. I chose this adjective because I felt that I had objects that I could take pictures of that would evoke this adjective. My shutter speed was around 1/400 and aperture was f/4; I used the same shutter speed and aperture for all my pictures. I used the same shutter and aperture for all my pictures, first off because I am inexperienced in photography and not familiar with these settings but also, the lighting was similar for all my photos. I believe that almost all of my images in some way connect to my adjective. The objects I used all had some sort of smooth component to them, for example the baseball bat had a very smooth feel to it as well as a smooth look. The picture of the lamp has a round smooth look to it which I believe exemplifies my adjective. The picture of the baseball connects to my adjective very well. The baseball is a very smooth round object except for the threading which contrast the smooth parts of the baseball. What I was trying to capture in the picture of the water fountain was the smoothness of the stone and water, I feel that to improve that picture taking into consideration my adjective, I think I should have focused in more on the fountain. The picture of the skateboard on the table I believe really captures my adjective. The table I placed the board on was a black marble and had a somewhat reflective surface, my skateboard had a very smooth and rounded feel and look to it. My baseball bat to begin with, has a very smooth surface and being the only thing in the picture in believe that the viewers attention goes to the smooth texture of the bat. My photo of the wind spinner (don't know what its called), is a smooth object and I think that the way it contrast the grey sky evokes smoothness. The christmas ornaments were not only smooth and round but also had a reflective surface, which, I think, adds to the smoothness of the picture. I personally feel that the photo of the baseball is my favorite picture. I just really like how there is the light difference from light to dark from one side of the baseball to the other, the grass up close is in focus and the farther away the grass is the less in focus it is. I definitely feel like I've gained a lot more experience in film photography (even though I had almost no experience in film/digital photography before) and feel as though I'm getting a better sense of composition, and I can't wait for the next project digital or film.











No comments:

Post a Comment