Friday, January 18, 2013

Pop-Art (Name Stamp - With Tiger on top)



Reflection:
For each painting I decided to make the paint application and colors different. For the paint application I  used different brush strokes/techniques that I tried experimenting with. In each of the paintings I attempted to make the object stand out making the background either light or darker. In my group one comment on my paintings was that the paint application on my monochromatic painting was "intriguing" in the way that I painted the object. They also suggested that if I were to edit my paintings I should work on my complimentary painting. I myself comparing my paintings felt that my shadows were inconsistent in size so if i were to edit them I would also make my shadows bigger. I felt that in photography I thought that I didn't have as much freedom when it came to finding colors where as when I was painting I could make/mix paint to find the color I wanted (although you can always edit in aperture in photography). I personally feel more comfortable doing photography but I really enjoyed painting over the past few weeks (before and after break).










No comments:

Post a Comment