Friday, January 23, 2015

The Nest



       My group decided to place our nest in a tree near the library/theater. Besides the tree being a sort of cliche place to put the nest, we thought that placing it somewhere visible. We also believed that the bird house added to the idea of a bird/animal living in the nest. I felt that the overall process was very valuable, as this was one of the first times since freshman year Survey at Branson in which I was able to use natural resources to build a piece of art. My group members and I all are hoping a bird will inhabit the nest. I really appreciated building the nest because I really got a sense of how hard it was to build something you'd think is fairly simple. I definitely gained a little respect for birds, after all, they don't even have hands. In all I really enjoyed this project and am excited to move into the next project and focus on the natural world through photography.
       For my next project I would love to try taking long exposure shots of water. I thought Jack's long exposure shots long exposure shots using flashlights was really intriguing. I looked up some long exposure shots of water online and would really like to focus on this for at least part of the next 3 weeks. I was thinking to start out, I could use the creek next to the soccer field to take some long exposure shots of running water.









No comments:

Post a Comment