Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nature Walk - Reflection

All things in nature are everlasting but ephemeral. Throughout my walk I saw all kinds of plants and trees. All plants and animals die, but they reproduce and they in a way continue to live on. No life is everlasting, but their life-force and energy are everlasting. Plants leave seeds behind to grow and flourish, but the original plant eventually dies off. Thus I believe nature is both ephemeral and everlasting as energy is never destroyed but carried on through out different parts of nature. Ephemeral concepts are observed in art as throughout the process of a project I have many ideas that I base my ideas off of, but as I progress through the project these ideas become the base of my intentions as new ideas. The old ideas die off and new ones become the main focus of the project. I believe that one can make everlasting art/art forms. All art forms can be everlasting but art itself will eventually degrade and disappear. I believe that I have gained a sense of how I am ephemeral but I can accomplish things and create ideas that can be everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment