Friday, May 31, 2013

Plaster Sculpture!


Reflection: My outside influence for this project was a jelly fish but I didn't have enough plaster to work with in order to create the shape of a jellyfish so I ended up making a very abstract figure that has some of the qualities of my original jellyfish influence. In order for me to gain a better understanding of the plaster I explored various ways of using the tools and the amount of strength I used when hammering in certain areas of the plaster object. I did come into some troubles of breaking parts of my object off but I was able to learn from that and make something new. I found various ways of using the tools which helped make different types of lines and shapes on the object. I started out trying to make a jellyfish but as I progressed through the project I ended up not having enough plaster (height) in order to complete the jellyfish so I ended up having to start making changes. For example the bottom of my sculpture was originally going to be the top of the jellyfish and the top (but I had to cut it in half) that you are seeing was going to be the tentacles. I tried to employ shape and abstractness and I felt that the shape makes the figure very abstract. 







No comments:

Post a Comment