Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Diptych: paper cut out and rayogram




Reflection:
           I explored the element of shape and technique through the many different ways I cut out shapes. I tried organic and geometric shapes. My organic shapes came out much better than the geometric shapes due to the way I was cutting. If I messed up on an organic shape I could overcome it and make another shape that looked even better. If I made a mistake on the geometric shape I would have to redo it and start over.
           I explored the various principles of design by rearranging my many shapes over and over again to get a sense of balance, directional movement, harmony and so on. For the paper cut out many shapes and then kept rearranging them going through each different design "type".  In the end my final diptych turned out fairly well. The two compositions were similar but not entirely the same.
           I have come to understand and appreciate compositions more due to the exploring and various compositions that I made. During the paper cut I felt that I gained a better understanding when I tried making a cut out for each design "type" and explored with the arrangement of the shapes.
           I feel that I have been thorough and involved in the reflective and evaluative process. In the peer pairings i felt that I was able to give and receive helpful comments on the paper cut and rayogram. throughout the process I would ask the classmates at my table what they thought about the current draft of my paper cut I often got helpful ideas and or ways I could make it better.






No comments:

Post a Comment